Active Duty, Reserves and Dependents
Marine Corps, U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, Military Cadets, Midshipmen, Commissioned Officers of the Public Health Service and Commissioned Officers of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Delayed Entry Program (DEP) or Delayed Training Program (DTP) enlisted, all members and their dependents of the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, All Reserves and PHS Reserve Officers
Retirees and Dependents
Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and their Reserve components who receive retired pay, officers and crews of vessels of the National Geodetic Survey, Commissioned Officers of the Environmental Science Service Administration, Commissioned Officers of the Public Health Service and Commissioned Officers of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Retired employees of Marine Corps Exchange or other Armed Services Exchanges with 20 years or more of service
Veterans and Dependents
Unless otherwise authorized commissary, exchange and MWR access, only veterans who are Purple Heart recipients, veterans who are former prisoners of war, or veterans who have a Department of Veterans Affairs documented service-connected disability rating between 0-90% are authorized in-person privileges as of Jan. 1, 2020, as provided for in Section 1065 of Title 10, United States Code.
In addition, Veterans who meet one of the new eligibility criteria who are also uniformed service retirees, Medal of Honor recipients, veterans with 100% service-connected disability ratings or veterans with 100% unemployability ratings due to a service-connected condition are eligible for a Department of Defense-issued identification card and privileges broader than those granted under Section 1065.
While not all veterans are eligible for in-person privileges on DoD and Coast Guard installations, all honorably discharged veterans are eligible for online military exchange shopping through the Veterans Online Shopping Benefit. To access your online shopping benefit, veterans not eligible for in-person privileges should follow the instructions to establish an account at any of the following military exchange websites, or the VA’s Veterans Canteen Service:
Army and Air Force Exchange System: https://www.shopmyexchange.com
Coast Guard Exchange: https://shopCGX.com
Marine Corps Exchange: http://www.mymcx.com
Navy Exchange: https://www.mynavyexchange.com
Veterans Canteen Service: https://shopvcs.va.gov
Veterans and Caregivers
In accordance with Section 1065 of Title 10, U.S.C., the following veterans and care givers are authorized access to DoD:
Veterans who were awarded the Purple Heart.Veterans who are former prisoners of war(POWs).
Veterans classified by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a service-connected disability rating below 100 percent.
Caregivers or family caregivers who are enrolled as the primary caregiver for a veteran in the VA Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
Caregivers are only eligible for these privileges during their period of active enrollment as the primary caregiver for a veteran.
DOD and Coast Guard APF and NAF civilian employees in the United States and the U.S. territories
• DOD and Coast Guard APF and NAF civilian employees in the United States and the U.S. territories and possessions who are not on service agreements will be authorized to shop the military exchanges in-store and online.
• Retired DOD and Coast Guard APF and NAF civilian employees will be authorized to shop the online military exchanges.
• In-store access must be implemented within 30 days of publication of DTM 21-003 (by May 12, 2021); online access within 180 days (by Oct. 9, 2021).
• To shop in store, DOD and Coast Guard civilian employees must show their common access card at the point of sale. DOD and Coast Guard civilian employees without a CAC may make purchases at the installation where they are employed if they show other proof of employment dated within 12 months (such as a Standard Form 50, Personnel Action Report, or other NAF proof of employment document) and a valid government identification at point of sale.
• To shop online, active and retired DOD and Coast Guard civilian employees will be validated against the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System database showing their active or retired employment status before being authorized to enter the online military exchange shopping website.
• Access does not extend to the family members of active or retired DOD and Coast Guard civilian employees.
DoD Employees and Dependents
US Civilian DoD employees and their dependents assigned to duty outside of CONUS, current employees of Marine Corps Exchange or other Armed Services Exchanges and their dependents, official DoD Activities (for activity purchases and use only; not for individual purchases or use)
Honors, Volunteers and Dependents
Medal of Honor recipients and their dependents, Red Cross personnel and their dependents assigned to duty outside of Continental United States (CONUS): Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico with an activity of the Military Service, Non-DoD Federal Departments/Agencies (for Federal Departments/Agencies purchases and use only; not for individual purchases or use)
Non-US Citizens and Dependents
Local National associates and their dependents of overseas exchanges in accordance with local regulations and agreements, foreign country military and their dependents when on duty in CONUS
If you're unsure of your eligibility to shop at Marine Corps Exchange or the Exchange Online Store, please call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-527-2345. Authorized patronage is determined by DoD Directive 1330.21, Armed Services Exchange Regulations (ASER).